Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tough Lesson

When I ask God for wisdom, I don't always know when, where and what circumstances He will give W. to me... Case in point:

I ask for wisdom A LOT when spending time with Kyla.  I decided with my teaching background I would work with her on learning her ABCs.  She is to begin Kindergarten in the Fall and the preschool teachers feel she isn't ready...partly because she doensn't know her ABCs.  Kyla is very, very intelligent.  But she is also, very very stubborn.  At times she isn't teachable or coachable. 

I gathered my material and tried on several occasions to work with her.  She was uncooperative.  I became SO frustrated that I got to the point of not wanting to spend time with her AT ALL.

After "cooling down" I heard God's voice telling me: "Your relationship with Kyla is MORE important than her learning these... you quit teaching because you don't like it... you have good ideas but you don't work well with children.  Step back... let someone else help her"

WISDOM...WISDOM...WISDOM

No comments:

Post a Comment