Thursday, July 21, 2016

God's Glory

My soul is dry.  It feels parched.  I am so tired of speeches.  I am so tired of opinions (mine included).  There is a deep longing in my soul.  This morning I discovered what it is.  One of my favorite authors Max Lucado has a devotional book called "It's Not About Me".  I am just beginning my reading.  But as is typical of Lucado, I don't have to read far before I am struck with relational feelings.  Here are his opening words to chapter 3: "Moses asked to see it on Sinai.  It billowed through the temple, leaving priests too stunned to minister.  When Ezekiel saw it, he had to bow.  It encircled the angels and starstruck the shepherds in the Bethlehem pasture.  Jesus radiates it.  John beheld it.  Peter witnessed it on Transfiguration Hill.  Christ will return enthroned in it.  Heaven will be illuminated by it.  One glimpse, one taste, one sampling, and (our) faith will never be the same... GLORY GOD'S GLORY"

And, David, the psalmist expressed that longing: Psalm 29 (The Message) "Bravo, God, bravo! gods and all angels shout, "encore!" In awe before the glory, in awe before God's visible power.  Stand at attention!  Dress your best to honor Him! God thunders across the waters, Brilliant, His voice and His face, streaming brightness--God, across the floor waters. God's thunder tympanic, God's thunder symphonic.  God's thunder smashes cedars, God topples the northern cedars.  The mountain ranges skip like spring colts, the high ridges jump like walk kid goats.  God's thunder spits fire. God thunders, the wilderness quakes; He makes the desert of Kadesh shake. Gd's thunder sets the oak trees dancing a wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches.  We vall to our knees--we call out, GLORY"

No comments:

Post a Comment