Thursday, July 21, 2016

In The Clouds

I have a cool and true story for you:
 
It is about a dad and son at an incredible park. It had everything. The best were the slides. There were three: a little one for beginners, young and inexperienced; a middle sized for older, more adventuresome kids and then the "in the clouds slide". 
 
The son went with no hesitation to the little one and whizzed down with a big smile. In no time he ran to the mid sized, hesitating a bit at the bottom when he realized it was higher. He looked at his dad who gave him a smile that said, "go for it". And again, he whizzed down, this time with eyes bigger. 
 
Finally, the little boy just had to try the "in the clouds slide".  Big teenagers were lining up for this one with no fear and moving quickly up the ladder. When the son looked at his dad for the ok sign the dad pretended to be looking away. The boy decided on his own to go for it. 
 
A third of the way up the ladder he froze. Clinging and trembling the son looked anxiously at his dad who was watching. His dad rushed to the slide and asked "are you ok?" The son said, "Daddy, will you come down the slide with me?" The dad knew this was one of those moments. He then asked his son, "Why?" And his son replied, "because it is too big for me." With that, the dad reached for him, then climb the ladder with his son and with arms and legs wrapped around him, they flew with smiles and a tight hug through "the clouds" to the ground below.
 
This reminds me of my God's love for me, encouraging me to move forward to the "in the clouds" experiences. But HE waits for me to realize my need for HIM and then he rushes to me and holds me in a way that gives me courage but also shows me once again how I can trust HIM. Thank you Jesus. You are forever faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment