Thursday, July 21, 2016

As King David Sees God's Glory

Physical and emotional pain quickly zaps my joy.  I NEED a huge dose of God's glory.  My mind calls for moments from my memory when I have seen the most spectacular display of His glory in the heavens...a sunset that causes me to gasp.  Stars so abundant in the desert sky, there is hardly room for darkness.  The study of the complex details and design of a human.  Why is my awe so fleeting?  Why am I so easily distracted and quick to "move on"?  Have I ever wondered why God made sunsets? Did He name the stars and place them in the heavens because He was bored?  Drink deep and long Gini, of the glory of God.  Your soul is withering.

From The Message (chosen simply as a personal preference) David celebrates God's Glory:
Psalm 29:1-9
"Bravo, God, bravo!
gods and all angels shout, "encore!"
In awe before the glory,
in awe before God's visible power, Stand at attention!
Dress your best to honor Him!

God thunders across the waters,
Brilliant, His voice and His face, streaming brightness--
God, across the flood waters.

God's thunder tympanic,
God's thunder symphonic.

God's thunder smashes cedars,
God topples the northern cedars.

The mountain ranges skip like spring colts,
The high ridges jump like wild kid goats.

God's thunder spits fire.
God thunders, the wilderness quakes;
He makes the desert of Kadesh shake.

God's thunder sets the oak trees dancing
A wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches.
We fall to our knees--we call out, "Glory!"

No comments:

Post a Comment