Friday, March 12, 2021

Catching A Lizard

Catching a lizard: Over the years I think I have become an expert in catching these cute little critters. So, I thought I'd share my technique. It is helpful if it is hibernation time when you find one in your house. They are lethargic and much easier to catch. Today I found one on the floor in our little guest house. It is important that I keep them outside because sighting one in the bedroom, coming out from under the bed or in the closet or bathroom can give quite a scare. So, here is my method: Get a large glass or clear plastic bowl. Next, and very important get a large piece of cardboard or heavy paper that is larger than the circumference of the bowl. Make sure there is a clear area around the lizard for you to catch it. Carefully put the bowl over the lizard and keep it tight against the floor. Next, carefully slide the large cardboard or paper piece under the lizard, again being mindful to keep a tight seal. Once you have it secured in bowl, carefully turn the bowl over and remove the cardboard. The deeper the bowl the better. It will be too slippery for it to climb out. Take the lizard bowl out side and find a good spot to release the lizard. And, there you have it! Happy lizard and happy home! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment