Friday, March 26, 2021

Behind God's Curtain

Have you ever read something that caused your spirit to respond with joy because of the truth it declared? I am doing a re read of A Layman Looks At The Lamb of God by Phillip Keller (one of my favorite authors) -- first a bit of personal history why the statement I will share with you is so meaningful. I was in drama in high school and I was in a play. So, I'm very familiar with "behind the curtain activity" - the stuff the audience is unaware of. Now, here is Keller's thoughts: "Mankind's need for The Lamb of God did not begin in a Bethlehem stable 2,000 years ago. Neither did "The Lamb of God" himself have His beginning there...The account of His initial entry into the world is but the narrative of that point in time when God, very God, chose TO PART THE STAGE CURTAINS OF HISTORY BEHIND WHICH HE HAD MOVED IN MAJESTY UNDETECTED BY MOST TO STEP OUT ON CENTER STAGE. There in full view...the King of Glory disguised in human form moved amongst men. Here was The Lamb of God...none other than the very person of the eternal God. He was the One who had been in company with the Father before ever the worlds were formed or the planet earth was shaped and fitted for human habitation." End Keller. Begin Gini: It helps me when I have a visual - GOD at work behind the curtain in those times when I wonder where HE is.

No comments:

Post a Comment