Saturday, February 27, 2021

GRIEF

Bobbie Karchner Gini Walker I live in Missouri and while I appreciate the idea of snowflakes being beautiful, I also live with the truth of being buried in snow. Sometimes gentle, sometimes overwhelming ... the scene outside my window might look beautiful, but when I pick up the shovel to clear the damage it has done, the truth is clear. Too many of those beautiful snowflakes are heavy. They make the world a difficult place. I am two years out from Gary but lost two friends in December. Been shoveling a lot of grief recently. Gini Walker Bobbie, a phrase I don't like is "I know how you feel" But my dear and precious friend you gave me a word picture of your grief that touched me deeply. I've never lived in snow like that you have described but have seen pictures of what you described. The closest I can come to this is our Santa Ana winds. Just like the troubles of 2020 and 2021 they don't stop. I go out and rake up the mess to "keep up" and try to bring back the peace. But the wind returns, sometimes stronger than before and undoes my efforts. Each time brings with it deep frustration. Each new wind is like a "there, take that you weak and helpless human". So far I have been able to pick up the rake once more. As I type this I am looking at the beauty. But I can also see the tall trees and when they start swaying, my heart sinks with a "oh no, not again". The winds are not beautiful like the snowflakes but like grief, they return again and again. They do allow the blue skies that God created to be glorious so I try to be thankful for that. Thank you Bobbie for sharing your heart. I will remember this always. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment