Wednesday, February 10, 2021

53 years ago today (February 10, then and now)

February 10, 2018 · Shared with Your friends Friends What's on my mind? 50 years ago! This weekend is my college graduation class 50th reunion. I had a long debate with myself about attending...Knew what I wanted to wear and even told Brian I had to have a haircut before today. Then, I took out my yearbook and looked at the pictures of my class. My grand daughter couldn't even pick out Mimi on one page because I had changed SO much. Well, sure...50 years ago. But then I realized, unfortunately, back then I hadn't connected with many in my class and no doubt some had passed away...and some would choose not to attend. DISAPPOINTMENT became the ringing word in my mind. "Leave the past in the past Gini". So, here I sit at my computer, talking to my NOW friends. Glad I decided to live in the now and simply remember those wonderful days at Cal Baptist College (now a University). Not only have I changed...the campus, etc is unrecognizable but in a good way. GO LANCERS! ❤ OK You all are not going to believe this...I turned on the TV today and it was already on a channel for college basketball...and you guessed it. The homecoming game played at CBU/CBC last night that I didn't go to was playing. It was Cal Baptist against Biola. There was still half of the game left to be played. So, sitting on my comfy couch in my comfy clothes, I got to watch 1/2 the game I missed by not going to homecoming. CRAZY! I didn't know they were on TV now. And during the commercial break, the campus, students, etc were shown and all I could do was say to myself, "That's my Alma Mater" "That's my Alma Mater". ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment