Thursday, February 18, 2021

Wisdom, Far and Near

Long ago, St. Augustine spoke these words: "Thou hast made us for Thyself O God and our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee." In the 17th century philosopher Blaise Pascal said every human being has a God-shaped hole that only God can fill. And in 2020 Greg Asimakoupoulos spoke these words during the COVID pandemic "Prayer is not just saying words to God. It's recognizing that God is aware of what captivates our attention. Prayer is being mindful of One who is capable of reading our minds and redeeming our hearts." And as she contemplates these words, Gini says, "My heart is restless with world stuff...and I can only express deep gratitude for my God who knows and cares about my thoughts before I speak them, and He has redeemed and daily redeems my heart when it is daily filled with world clutter." EVERY DAY IT IS A START OVER EXPERIENCE for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment