Friday, July 31, 2020

More about confession

I sent the following Email to my dear PBS group:

I've been reading a lot in Ezra the last week or so (assigned reading).  I took notes on my reading and found that reading through an entire chapter at a time was helpful for understanding and context. The major emphasis today is Ezra 10.  He wept and was mourning over the nation's sin.  Then the people all joined him and wept.  Then Shecaniah told Ezra he needed to tell the people what to do.  A plan was developed and it took over 3 months to carry it out. And what did I get from this?  Mourning over our sin, all the nation repenting, and a plan to cleanse the sin. Before this reading I had been convicted about my own bad attitudes because  God said, "Gini, there will be NONE of this in heaven! So, deal with it!"  The best place to start seemed to be --- confess with a list.  It grows and grows and grows.  Psalm 51 is perfect for helping me with this  Some of my confession seems repetitive, just using different words. So I have placed a * by these as "You REALLY have a problem with this sin!"  I'm not proud of my list but humbled by it.  Just wanted to share this insight from God's Word.  EmojiEmojiEmojiEmojiEmoji Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment