Thursday, July 2, 2020

HIS Grace and Mercy (our R and R)



May 5
I'm grateful for "My memories" that Facebook keeps track of - sorta like a journal - I find it interesting the memories Facebook chooses...they are happy ones, sad ones and contemplative ones, for sure. Here is one I wrote on May 5 in 2015...Amazing how what we write often relates to life year after year and year:
I wrote this May 5, 2015 ...I do not even remember what was happening and I did not say what it was that caused me to write this. Yet, I am re posting this because it seems in many ways relevant to the lives of some of my friends. So, here it is:
May 5, 2015: "I am amazed over and over by God's timing. I look back at a situation and see His grace and mercy extended to me when I had NO idea what was unfolding. Most of the time I have NO answer to my "why" and sometimes the Grace and Mercy is nearly impossible to see and I feel like I was just taken to the woodshed. Late in life, (slow learner that I am) I've learned God owes me NO explanation. But, this is all especially difficult when something goes TOTALLY "down hill and/or against plans". It seems where my life and the lives of those I love is concerned, I do a lot of shaking of my head and saying, "I don't understand this". So, dear friends, I wish you REST. Renewal and Respite are two of my favorite words. Hope all of you out there feeling VERY, VERY discouraged and alone will in some way find these two R and Rs."                         


I posted this on Facebook and may have posted it here but the thoughts ring true to my heart so I will post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment