Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Marking In My Bible

Do you think of the disciple Thomas as a wimp?  His comment about not believing Jesus was alive until he saw and touched Jesus' nailed scarred hands gave him the name "Doubting Thomas".  I can relate.  When people quote special promises from Scripture about God's love and care I always want to read these words for myself.  Of late I've been on this quest. Today, I found many beautiful words about God and His love and I underlined the words and then put the references in the front of my Bible and marked with a big * and wrote "my assurances".  In these days of turmoil, these words are comforting "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11...Jesus did say, "blessed are those who believe without seeing me."  I don't want to be a doubting Thomas but His Word in my heart and marked in my Bible sure help my trembling faith.  Here are a few of my assurances: II Chronicles 7:14, Jeremiah 3:12, Hebrews 4:14-16, Isaiah 55:6-9, 1 John 1:9, Hebrews 7:24-28, Psalm 63:1-8 +++

No comments:

Post a Comment