Saturday, May 2, 2020

Lizards Are One Of God's Creatures


CATCHING A LIZARD - I like lizards. We have many on our property. And that is fine with me - until one gets in our house. Over the years I have caught at least four...and because I do it all by myself (funny that Charlie is never home when I find one) and have done it without harm to the lizards, this makes me an expert! So here is my #1 2020 lizard story. Jackson (our little dog) starts growling and looking at the hallway table. Next to it is a coat rack with my neck scarfs and it appears that is why he is growling. After my attempt to reassure him, I see a lizard, hiding behind the table leg close to the wall. "WHAT TO DO" I ask myself. First, remove Jackson. Next, isolate the lizard and make barriers to keep him in the hallway. This step calls for ingenuity but I did it. Next, get my "lizard bowl". This bowl is a large see through salad bowl that works great because I can pop it over the lizard and also watch him and know he is safe. Next, get a large piece of sturdy paper to place on the floor under the lizard. Now, I can lift up the bowl and carry outside. It didn't go as smoothly as other catches because something fell off the table and scared the lizard who ran toward me and FREAKED me out!...couldn't find him so I decided to have Jackson help me find him. IMPORTANT - leave the barriers in place. After searching the hall closet and living room I found him at the front door. It was as if he knew how he got in and wanted OUT the same way. So, once again the lizard bowl was used...lizard caught, trapped and Charlie arrived just in time to take him outside to the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment