Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Working Out

In January I was contacted by Abi Correale, a junior at Biola.  Abi is my niece Lisa's daughter.  Abi is in the nursing program at Biola.  One of her classes is regarding geriatrics and she has an assignment to interview a "senior adult".  She is to do 5 interviews.  As of this writing we have concluded 4 and we will finish in March.  Her assignment is due in April.

These interviews have been interesting and I told Abi she will know me better than my own sister knows me!  We discuss physical, mental and spiritual health.  As we discussed physical I told her about my decline in this area - especially in my muscle tone and ability to walk well.  Long story short as a result of this discussion, I contacted a friend who is a personal trainer with a very, very small gym.  In the first week of March 2018 I began a 2 x a week, one hour each session work out with him.  I am SO ENCOURAGED and EXCITED to see improvement.  I'm grateful to God for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment