Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Holy Week Wednesday

Holy Week Wednesday Day 4 of Yancey’s contemplation 

Regarding God, the lover – “Left on my own," says Yancey, "I would come up with a very different notion of God. My God would be static, unchanging; I would not conceive of God ‘coming’ and ‘going.’ My God would control all things with power, stamping out opposition swiftly and decisively…Because of Jesus, however, I must adjust my instinctive notions about God. Jesus reveals a God who comes in search of us, a God who makes room for our freedom even when it costs the Son’s life, a God who is vulnerable. Above all, Jesus reveals a God who is love.”
Gini writes: "Although scripture says God is UNCHANGING and I believe this and know that P. Yancey knows that, I understand what he means here about "unchanging, coming and going". Ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment