Saturday, January 16, 2021

Be Encouraged

Do you ever ask yourself, "What can I do for others during these unsettling days?" How about ENCOURAGE. Scotty Smith's 1-16-21 Heavenward "More Than A Peaceful Easy Feeling" devotional helped me this morning. So I pass a few of his words on to you: "Today, we use familiar words to direct our hearts heavenward and neighbor-ward. Known as the “Serenity Prayer,” it’s really a Gospel Prayer—a prayer of grace, perspective, and peace. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.” – Lord Jesus, acceptance of things (and people) we can’t change isn’t acquiescence; it’s wisdom and freedom. It’s not shrugging our shoulders in resignation; it’s lifting our hands to you in worship and waiting."" Check out the rest of Scotty's thoughts and take a look at John 16:33 for Jesus' words of encouragement. BE ENCOURAGED! (from my 1-16-21 Facebook post)

No comments:

Post a Comment