Tuesday, August 27, 2019

In the Grip of Grace



Someone wrote: "Grace has something to do with patience, with waiting - on other people, on your best intentions or your gut, and on God." When I read this I wondered if there is a grace other than God's. I went to Webster's Dictionary: 1a grace is unmerited divine assistance given man for his regeneration or sanctification and 3a grace is disposition to or an act or instance of kindness or clemency. What I read by the unnamed author and Webster took me back to one of my favorite books: In The Grip of Grace by Max Lucado. He writes "Does God really love us forever? Not just on Easter Sunday when our shoes are shined and our hair is fixed. We want to know how does God feel about me when I mess up, fail or fall short? When I snap at anything that moves; when my thoughts are gutter-level; when my tongue is sharp enough to slice a rock. How does HE feel about me then?" The Grip...reminds me that the God who first made me is strong enough to sustain me. I want to introduce others to HIM. This star-breather, this Shalom, This Holy, Holy, Holy One who raises my head and knows my thoughts before I do is so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment