Thursday, August 8, 2019

Being Linked to Jesus


From Pastor Eric Kapur

3 great questions and prayer to consider:

  • Am I trying to do things that Jesus has not asked me to do? Am I trying to be something God has not asked me to be (ie, perfect, never weak, always competent,)? 
  • Am I carrying things that Jesus has not asked me to carry? Am I carrying things that only Jesus can carry? 
  • Did Jesus tell me to bear this? If so, how can I bear it in dependence and trust? If not, why am I bearing it then? What does this say about what I am really yoked to?
As the Spirit brings clarity and conviction, let this move you to pray an honest prayer of repentance like this: Jesus, I’m weary and tired of carrying it all, I"m exhausted from trying to be so good and have it all figured out and bear it all. I can’t be good enough!! I don’t know what to do. The things I'm carrying that you haven't asked me to - I can't put them down apart from your grace. The things you have asked me to - I can't bear apart from your strength. Help me take up your yoke that I might find rest for my soul and help others find rest in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment