Saturday, April 21, 2018

Joni's Pain

...Pain is a bruising of a blessing; but it is a blessing nevertheless.  It's a strange, dark companion, but a companion---if only because it has passed through God's inspecting hand.  It's an unwelcome guest, but still a guest.  I know that it drives me to a nearer, more intimate place of fellowship with Jesus, and so I take pain as though I were taking the left hand of God.

Chapter 1 - Report From The Front Lines  Book: A Place of Healing Joni E. Tada 

"...yes, I pray that my pain might be removed, that it might cease; but more so, I pray for the strength to bear it, the grace to benefit from it, and the devotion of offer it up to God as a sacrifice of praise..."  Chapter 1 - Report from the Front Lines  Book: A Place of Healing Joni E. Tada 

The REAL question about God and healing: "It is whether or not God wills to heal all those who truly come to Him in faith."  AND her answer: "God reserves the right to heal or not...as He sees fit."   Romans 11:33 "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God?  How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!"  Chapter 2 . God and Healing: What's the Real question?

No comments:

Post a Comment