Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Funny Easter Story

On Easter Sundays I make an effort to "dress up".  So, this Sunday I went to my closet and chose a colorful favorite skirt to wear.  The colors were "Easter-ish".  I hadn't worn this skirt in years and the elastic waist band lost its holding power. (no doubt you know where this story is going - yet I want to give you a verbal picture)  At the conclusion of the service after our pastor gave the blessing I sat down to retrieve my Bible and purse from the pew rack in front of me.  When I stood, my skirt fell down around my ankles!  I sat down FAST and saw our pastor's wife a couple of rows in front of me.  I called her name and motioned for her to come back.  She helped me check the skirt and slip to make sure I was getting it back up in place.  Fortunately I wore a shawl so I wrapped it around my waist to help hold the skirt in place.  During worship a couple of close friends were sitting next to us and earlier on the husband said, "Gini, I think your skirt is falling down"...I told him it was the design of the skirt and I thought all was well.  They had exited the pew when the skirt fell so when I saw him later and told him what happened, I thought he would NEVER stop laughing!  The folks behind us were first time visitors, and I am HOPING they had left before my skirt did its thing.  This is an Easter I won't soon forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment