Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Be Here Now

"Be here now". Charlie shared this with me years ago, after a men's retreat. It stuck with me. I've often thought those three words (especially when driving my car). I get distracted. Even in writing this, I accidentally deleted what I wrote and now I am trying again. Where are the words? CRAZY! DISTRACTIONS! The task at hand is put aside by thoughts that yell, DO ME! THINK ME! I need to write...I want to write. But the words keep swirling around in my head. "Be here now" I use it as a catalyst to confront my distraction. But it is also a great three word prayer. God doesn't need a catalyst to be here now. But, I need to say the words to remind me of His presence. How can I trust those three little words to God for my here and now needs. HOW? "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 Stop...pause...ponder...take a deep breath...be still

No comments:

Post a Comment