Monday, January 27, 2020

Constitutional Ways

I've served on several juries.  What a learning and awesome responsibility.  In one particular case the defendant was found innocent, much to the surprise of all in the court.  When I went into the jury room to discuss the case with the other jurors, I thought the individual was guilty but after listening to ALL jurors share and the vote was cast, I agreed with "innocent".

As I watched the impeachment of President Trump process on Monday in the Senate, I felt like I was back in the classroom in a Constitutional Law class.  And as I listened I wished all voting adults in America could be hearing what I was hearing. The future of our beloved Constitution is at stake.  The rights and freedoms of our citizens are at stake.  Future presidential elections and terms in office are at stake.  Regardless of whether or not you are for this president, I pray you will be responsible in hearing BOTH sides as I did as a jurist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment