Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Who Am I Fooling?

Sometimes, like right now, I feel like if I were at the end of life, waiting to enter heaven and I came face to face with Jesus, He would say to me "You may have had everyone fooled, but you didn't fool me.  I know your heart.  I know your self-centered thoughts.  I know your doubts.  I know your anger.  You are not worthy to come into my Kingdom."  But, Jesus...I asked you into my heart.  I confessed to you.  I, I, I, I etc etc etc. And He will turn me away.

My "faith" is such a roller coaster.  I have the most amazing, awesome times "with God".  Then, I am DEPRESSED, like now!!!  I keep reading help books about the Christian life --- what it is SUPPOSED to look and sound like.  I strive for that.  I want to be real with Jesus (so I say).

Then I have moments like now. I come home from Bible study.  I am so tired!  I know the self-centered thoughts I had.  I just can't seem to escape ME.  Everywhere I go, I am there!  Right now I feel like Sunday morning worship is SO FLAT.  We "do" church.  The music is nice.  The sermons are usually "good"  I think the people are so special.  But, as I think about it now, I think, "where was Jesus?"  We have a worship guide.  How strange is that!  Why do we have to have a guide?  I feel like we "do church" and at the end of life Jesus will look at us and say, "you had everyone fooled, but you didn't fool me"  I HATE this dark place of thinking.  I just don't want to hear Jesus say that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment