Sunday, June 16, 2019

Peter Rabbit

June 16, 2015 at 9:24 AM ·

Have you ever felt like your life is that of a child's storybook story? My favorite as I grew up was Peter Rabbit. In fact, to honor our first grandchild I had Peter R. tattooed on my ankle. Remember in the story, Peter is naughty and goes into Mr. McGregor's garden. In the end he frantically looks for the gate to escape. Well, in our life, Charlie is Mr. McGregor. But it isn't a garden in our story...it is the entire backyard. Bunnys are cute...but destructive! When they eat grass, they stay in one spot and eat until it is bare---no roots! So every day Charlie has walked the perimeter securing it with wire to keep the bunny out. Yesterday he found a breach and felt he had located the problem. Then last night, not only did he see "Peter" again, but Peter brought a friend! (to be continued)... June 16, 2019 So here we are, in my "to be continued story, 4 years later. Now, I am accompanied to the backyard by Jackson, our little dog. And, he finds the little piles of rabbit droppings that tell me, "yes, Peter Rabbit is still around". But, no matter about his friskiness. Peter Rabbit will always be my favorite bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment