Friday, September 2, 2016

All Knowing Facebook vs All Knowing God

Saw a TV program this morning.  The host read pages and pages of personal data Facebook accumulates on its customers' accounts.  Scary.  Makes me want to break my relationship with Facebook.  It is interesting how Facebook presents itself as my friend...ie  "memories from 2, 4, 6 years ago"  FB starts with "because we care..."  Even my private messages to someone are recorded in Facebook data banks.  Hmmmm   How will this information about me be used in the future?

                                                                               vs

My all seeing, all knowing, all wise, all loving GOD... His Holy Word says He knows my thoughts before a word is spoken.  His Word says He will compassionately love me and forgive me.  His Word says He knows ALWAYS where I am, what I am doing, what my plans are and what my future holds.
But, unlike Facebook I know how this information is and will be used:  FOR MY GOOD.

My dilemma - I have chosen my Facebook friends carefully and I want to stay connected with them.  How?   Not email... again it is the issue of having my thoughts recorded on my computer.  Should I return to writing personal letters?  How many of my friends would stay connected this way... takes more time, cost of paper and stamps...and how would I share photos.  God I ask you to give me wisdom regarding this.

No comments:

Post a Comment